Last Updated: May 18, 2021 at 8:20 am« Back to Health Tips
Physical activity is important for people of all ages.
Being active can help you feel better physically and mentally, sleep better, and function better in your day to day life. You don’t have to join a gym to exercise. Making time to move more throughout your day can make a big difference. Small changes add up.
This interactive Get Moving Quiz can help you learn if you are moving enough to stay healthy at your age. Take it for personalized recommendations.
Online Get Moving Quiz
Printable version, to complete on paper and share with your providers:
Get Moving Quiz 18-64yo (PDF) Get Moving Quiz 65+ (PDF)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Physical Activity Diary
- The Move Your Way Activity Planner for Adults helps adults build a personalized weekly activity plan and offers tips for fitting activity into their daily routines.
- The Move Your Way Parent Interactive Graphic helps parents identify time in their family’s daily routine for kids to get the recommended 60 minutes of activity.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Physical Activity Age Chart, https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/age-chart.html
- US Department of Health & Human Services Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 2nd Edition (2018) https://health.gov/sites/default/files/2019-09/Physical_Activity_Guidelines_2nd_edition.pdf