Last Updated: September 29, 2023 at 6:20 pm
Protect yourself from the flu. Get your flu shot today.
It’s October, which means flu season is in full swing! Everyone and anyone can get the flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyone six months of age and older get the flu shot. Now is the time to get a flu shot to make sure you are protected!
Where can I get vaccinated?
- Provider offices and clinics
- Pharmacies (No appointment needed!)
- Your local health departments
- Urgent care clinics
Follow these tips to help prevent the flu:
- Get the flu shot. It’s at no cost to you!
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
- Stay home if you are sick to prevent spreading the flu to others.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Remember, the flu shot will not give you the flu! A flu vaccine is the best protection against the flu.
The vaccine doesn’t just protect you – it protects your friends, family, and community from a potentially deadly virus. Even healthy people get the flu, and it can be serious. If you think you’ve caught the flu, make an appointment with your primary care provider as soon as possible.
- Fever and chills
- Cough, runny, or stuffy nose
- Fatigue and weakness
- Headache, muscle, and body aches
- Nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting
How to treat
- Get plenty of rest
- Drink plenty of fluids
Don’t wait. Schedule an appointment for your flu shot today.
We are here to help you stay healthy!
Call Member Services at 1-800-656-8991, TTY: 711, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week, for help finding a provider or pharmacy giving flu shots near you.